Dr. Chesnutt is a psychologist who has been in practice for 30 years. She has had particular success finding ways to test and treat patients with unusual challenges. Recently, she has seen many unmotivated, underachieving teen boys for diagnosis and treatment. Dr. Chesnutt has been able to develop a successful program to treat these talented, but under-performing young men. She has labeled them as having “Syndrome Y,” and her program of emotional strength building has been successful in moving these young men into independent and successful lives.
Blog Posts by Date
- Independent Living for Young Adults
- A Strange Perspective on Strength
- Why Do They Do That? Consistent Reinforcement
- Why Do they Do That? It’s Developmentally Appropriate
- Why Do They Do That? Because They Have Sensory Needs!
- Why Do They Do That? Because It Works!
- Do we Ever Test Adults?
- When your Child is Worrying (Part 2)
- Your Child is Worrying! What Should a Parent Do? (Part 1)
- Psychological Testing—All tests are NOT created equal
- Tell Me the Test For: ADD/ADHD
- Other Intelligence Tests
- Adaptive Scales
- “Those Test Scores MUST be Wrong!!”
- Does Your ADD/ADHD Child Make the Same Mistake Repeatedly?
- What You Need to Know About Pink Horses!
- The Stanford Binet Intelligence Scales
- What About a WPPSI?
- Do Your Kids Have “Grit?”
- IQ Tests
- “I Think My Child is Gifted”
- The Dogsled Theory of Self-Confidence
- What to Do When the Break Up Happens
- “Mom, Dad, I’ve Got a Girl/Boyfriend!”
- The NFL is Paying Attention, Are You?
- Why Are So Many of Our Children Anxious?
- Social Integration? Mainstreaming? Start Early!
- Do you play the “Blame Game?’